What is the Flex Belt?
The Flex Belt is a new device that forces your abdominal muscles to contract, trimming inches from your middle even when you’re not working out. It stimulates your muscles through EMS, or electric muscle stimulation. The device is worn around the stomach, with gel-pad electrodes directly on the skin. When the Flex Belt is turned on, small electrical charges force muscle contraction. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration have cleared EMS devices for a long time now, and the Flex Belt is on the list. It’s a class II medical device, and is only bought over-the-counter as a device for muscle toning.
What’s good about the Flex Belt
– You can use the device anywhere you want. It easily gets concealed by clothing, meaning you can trim down even in the office.
– Purchaser can return the product within 60 days and a warranty covers faulty electrical equipment.
– The Flex Belt rechargeable battery unit can be used with the buttocks and arms, however additional equipment is required.
– The device is one of the very few EMS muscle toning devices approved by the US FDA.
Disadvantages of the Slendertone Ab Belt
– The device sells for $ 200, which can be a little too steep for some dieters. The gel-pad electrodes also need to be replaced after 30 uses, which means you’ll have to shell out another $ 15 every now and then.
– For people with a larger circumference waist the Flex Belt might not fit.
What To Watch Out For with the Slendertone Ab Belt
– It isn’t advisable to use the Flex Belt if you have pacemakers or other implanted metallic or electronic devices (including stents and defibrillators). The Flex Belt also isn’t for diabetics or cancer sufferers.
– It also isn’t advisable to use the Flex Belt when you’re pregnant, or just gave birth. You’ll need to wait at least 6 weeks after childbirth (3 months if you underwent a C-section) before doing so. If you’re not sure if you’re ready, ask your doctor.
– If you have sensitive skin (while unlikely, you can still get mild burns). If you’re easily burned, it’s probably best to try something else.
How the Flex Belt Works
The Flex Belt electronic device contains three prepositioned gel pads strategically located to contract the abdominal and oblique muscles. You control the strength of the contraction with the option ranging from 1 to 100. As your muscle strength increases, you gradually increase the strength of the contractions. While using the device users will feel a mild pulsating sensation as their muscles contract and report that their muscles feel sore the next day. The belt is designed to be worn for 30 minutes a day, every day for 4 to 8 weeks depending on how much toning your abs need. Then the Flex Belt can be worn 2 to 3 times a week to maintain the toning.
Remember that the Flex Belt is meant to be used to tone the abdominal muscles only. It doesn’t encourage fat burn and doesn’t burn excess calories. If you’d like to accomplish these, maintain a healthy diet and get lots of regular exercise.
gürtel / belt
Image by bike.sexual
made from 100% recycled bikeparts and an old nail. chain pieces, a worn out cog, a nail, an inner tube, some flexing, some welding, lots of washing:)